Membership Requirements for Composers/Authors
- $150 registration fee - non refundable.
- 2 recent driver’s license size photos (coloured).
- Photocopy of ID.
- Photocopies of ID or Birth Certificate of the Beneficiary.
- Photocopies of agreements if any with publishers or joint ownership.
- Copy of CD – finished and published.
- A minimum of 8 songs.
- Where the artist has less than 8 required songs, a minimum of 2 original compositions enjoying airplay will make the artist eligible to register.
- Musical profile.
- Banking details.
- Valid contact details (phone numbers, addresses).
1). Death certificate accompanied by a copy of an affidavit signed by immediate family members stating that they have resolved to the stated name to be the beneficiary of the deceased.
2). Letter of admission from the Master of High Court.
- Name and address of recording studios and publishing houses
- Names of producers of the music
- Duration of each song
- Names of composers
- Commercial number – e.g. CD BTB 001
- Copyright statement on CD
- Month and Year of creation
Membership requirements for Music Publishers
- A specimen of the contract (Deed of Assignment) that the Company uses in obtaining rights from composers/authors/arrangers.
- A list of the titles of all the musical works in respect of which the Company has obtained rights from composers/authors/arrangers, indicating the names of such composers/authors/arrangers, together with copies of Deed of Assignment executed by such composers/authors/arrangers to the Company.
- Copies of all contracts (“sub-publication agreements”) whereby the Company has acquired rights in musical works in its catalogue to foreign publishers.
- Copies of all contracts (“sub-publication agreements”) whereby the Company has assigned rights in musical works in its catalogue to foreign publishers.
- Copies of Company’s music publications (minimum-10)
- Copies of Company’s Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Copies of the cassettes/ compact discs.
- Membership fee $300
Upon submission of the requirements stated above, the applicant will complete an application form. Once the application form has been submitted the applicant instantly becomes a Provisional Member whilst awaiting the Board's approva for a period not exceed 12 months. After successful admission into membership by the board the Board, the member is then awarded a Membership Certificate and a Permanent Membership Card (Terms and Conditions Apply).